Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Boyfriend!


Okay. I just have to get it off my chest. I have THE MOST AMAZING boyfriend in the world. In fact, just last week he was awarded "Best Boyfriend in the World." (I KNOW! Right?) As Ive been getting ready to leave there have been a lot of questions about this charming guy I'm dating. So I thought I'd give a little background:

Ben and I met Feb. 28, 2008 at the Salt Lake International Airport. No joke. I was there meeting a missionary, and needed to borrow a pen. When I went to leave, Ben followed me up the escalator. The rest is history. Kind of. Ben and I are complicated because I've ALWAYS been going on a mission, so in the beginning, we never dated. For the first 9 months we were just friends. After this last Summer I wasn't sure if I was going on a mission anymore. I started to question if it was really what I was supposed to be doing. One evening Ben and I went on a walk around my neighborhood and we spoke about how important serving a mission can be to someone's life. I bore him my testimony that I have about missions, and why I felt serving a mission was so important to me. He is one of the most sincere boys I've ever met. I remember him telling me that I needed to go on a mission. I looked and him and through the spirit, I knew what he was telling me was true.

Little did I know that I would fall in love with him. We have had SO many magical moments that only happen in movies. I know a lot of my friends can vouch for that. He has such a graceful way of creating surprises that make my heart race. He took me to Disneyland, and he was AMAZING. He even let me kiss him in front of the castle. He has such a love and intelligence for the gospel. He has helped me in so many ways to grow and become a better person.

But as I leave on my mission. Don't worry. I know what I'm doing. I'm leaving the guy I love to serve someone I love even more. I know that everything that the Savior has done, he has done with all of us in mind. I know that when he bled in Gesthemane, that some of that blood was for me. After all that he has done for me, after he has saved me from so much pain, and has blessed me with so much love and light, how could I stay here? I know a lot of what I have been through in my life has prepared me for this chapter in time. I know that as I go forward to serve him that it is a part of my divine purpose in this life. I know that there are people who need to hear his message... people that need to hear it from my perspective. I know that this gospel is true with all of my heart and know that there is no better purpose than to go forth and serve a full-time mission in his name.

I love Ben. So much. He will be okay. I will be okay. Everything that is meant to be will always find it's way in the end. Love ya'll.

-Jessica Rose

1 comment:

Nessa said...

Your bf is so adorable darlin!!
And im sorry i didnt make it to your farwell!!
You will be an amazing missionary