This week has truly been a week of MIRACLES. We have committed three of our investigators to be baptized next month. Mike, Sonya, and Vickie. We have some other progressing investigators who are getting really close to being prepared for that commitment. Last week at this time we had ZERO progressing and ZERO baptismal dates. Now we have three with a date, and 4 progressing. It is amazing to me how the Lord works to prepare his children to hear his message. It's amazing to me how willing they are to CHANGE. I know the power of conversion because I have felt it in my own life. Once you have found the truth, there is no going back. There is no way to deny what you know within your heart.
I've realized that a mission for me really is about stretching my faith, and developing my talents the Lord has blessed me with. I am still a little shy to start a conversation with people. Maybe not shy... I can talk to anyone, but it feels so awkward to start it into a gospel centered conversation. If any of you RMs at home have any tips, please write!
Going through God's Plan For His Family exhibit this week, I learned a new lesson. That families aren't perfect. Well, I knew THAT. But what I mean is that we aren't intended to be perfect. Heavenly Father sent us here so that we could make decisions for ourselves. We could choose right or wrong for ourselves. There is always light and dark. Although faith in Jesus Christ can't make us perfect, I learned that through Him we can have PERFECT HOPE. That times of spiritual darkness, or sadness... we don't have to be so sad, so dark. He lived and died that we might find hope in our afflictions. He promises us that all of our afflictions will be for our benefit. I also realized that the happiest moment of life within our families is when we are centered on the teachings of the gospel of Jesus Christ. When we are moving forward with love, forgiveness, charity, and putting those we love first... it's during those moments that our lives CAN FEEL PERFECT. ~sigh.~ I love this gospel. I love the light it brings me in my life. I pray that all of you at home are doing well, and that the light is shining in all of your lives as well. I love you all very much.
Dream Big, Wish Hard, and Love Always- Jessica Rose
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment