Vicki was BAPTIZED THIS WEEK!!! HOORAY! She is such a sweet lady. It was so great to see her so touched at her baptism. She has truly been prepared for this great day to come. Her husband Richard (who is a member) was touched as well. They look forward to getting married in the
We had a birthday party for Sister VanKomen at President's house. It was pretty VIP. There were only 12 missionaries invited. Sister Brusch and I were 2 of them. WOOP WOOP! We were feeling pretty loved... and maybe a little prideful. Haha. We were pretty humbled when we walked in with the goofy birthday hats on though. And Sister Vankomen sat in her royal thrown and wanted to take "sassy" pictures. THAT was HILARIOUS!!! The Elders had our cameras and sister VanKomen and all the Elders were telling us to be sassy. HAHA. It was weird! Needless to say with all of my practice, I had this one down. The other three sisters were HILARIOUS. They had a really hard time keeping a straight face.
Also had the opportunity to go on a Church History tour it was awesome! We went to Liberty Jail, Far West,
We got transfer calls last night. I will stay here in 4th Ward with a new companion - Sister Michelle Moody from
Our AP Elder Seethaler is going home this transfer! I'm SO SAD! He's my favorite Elder in the mission! :( I don't know how I will endure the next 14 months without his leadership and guidance. ~sigh~ Kidding! His replacement Elder Eraso will be AWESOME!
I found some really good quotes from the Emma Smith Movie that reminded me of my life right now...
"Strength isn't something you have. It's something God helps you find. And usually we find it one day at a time."
"God's ways are not always our ways."
"God's tender mercies are all around us, we just have to be willing to see them."
"There comes a time when all of us must be more than we are"<<
"That was the hardest test for me... Being alone."
"Sometimes when we have trials we forget God is our friend. He always has our best interest at heart."
"Being strong can be a very lonely thing." <<
Tough times. Homesickness is stupid. I'm pulling out of it though. Slowly. I met with President and he said it was pretty normal for a missionary to hit rock bottom at SOME point during there mission. This is just mine... Now I can get up, get out, STOP FEELING SO LONELY, and go to work!!! "It is as if I can hear the Savior saying, "I don't need you to DIE for me. I need you to LIVE for me." -Brent L. Top ... I need to stop feeling like I'm DYING and start living. He already died for me, I need to live for him. These next 14 months will fly by. If I don't start living it up every day I know I will look back with regret. And trust me, this good attitude thing isn't always easy... But I know the Lord will continue to bless me as I try to seek the desire to love the work.
But for now, I still love all of you at home. With all my heart. Thank you for your prayers. They are definitely felt here in
Dream Big. Wish Hard. And Love Always-
Sister Jessica Rose Wathen






1 comment:
I don't know who will read this but I want all to know that sister Jessica Rose is the most Awesome sister Missionary around. She has been thru her low valley and conquered pain. She will touch lives and generations. The prophets have said; "Keep a Young Women active and you will save generations" That is what she is doing.
We Love you.
Deena Mann
Post a Comment