
So this week was transfers. I remain in Liberty 2nd with Sister Maxfield, with an ADDITION- Sister Ayala! Hooray for Trios! Sister Ayala is this sweet little sister from Guatemala. English is her 2nd language. They typically don't send Spanish sisters up to Liberty, because there aren't a lot of Spanish speaking people in the area... but the day that Sister Ayala got here, guess who we met? Someone who spoke Spanish!?! Not coincidence. She is very very sweet. Just like Sister Maxfield. D&C 84:88 - "And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." Sister Maxfield and Ayala are my angels on my right side and my left side. It's pretty great!
President VanKomen came into the jail with all of the missionaries who were leaving this transfer to go home. And it just so happened to be my turn to give a tour. Amazing opportunity. Nerve wracking, but amazing. President said the fact that it was MY TURN was not coincidence either. Nothing is coincidence anymore...
I was told once that watching General Conference as a missionary was like watching Conference on steroids. However... I missed half of it because we were serving at the jail giving tours. Why do members go to visitor centers during conference? So... I'll have to wait for the second half when the Ensign comes.
However, I have no room to complain REALLY because I still heard some AMAZING talks. Elder Holland? Yeah. Powerful talk! I love the part where he said, "The midst of darkness obscures our view. Resist all distractions- Stay on the course." Well, I'm not really sure if that is exactly what it said, but that is what I have written in my journal... Elder Holland’s testimony of the Book of Mormon was powerful! I add my testimony to his. The Book of Mormon is true. When we learn about what Joseph Smith and the other Early Saints of the church endured, it MUST be true. When I think about all that I AM doing in Missouri, I know it's true.... I could (wish I could) run away everyday but I know I would be accountable for that. The Book of Mormon IS TRUE. This is God's kingdom here on the Earth today. Being a missionary is an amazing thing but it's still hard for me to adjust, even after 8 months...
I also loved President Uchtdorf's talk. I love love. "Love is the guiding light." TRUE STORY! Amen and Amen!
But I was reading in Nehemiah this last week. I have a new LOVE for Nehemiah. So, he is building up the wall to the city and people come MOCKING HIM, taunting him, threatening to kill him. Yet, he says to them "I am doing a great work, so that I cannot come down." (Neh. 6:3) No more distractions. I am focused. I am doing a great work and I cannot come down. Onward... with Helmet in place, with sword in hand.
Love ya'll.
Jessica Rose
No comments:
Post a Comment