This week was what Sister Bradley and I are calling a "Miracle A Day" week. It was really cool. Something spectacular and non-coincidental happened, EVERY SINGLE DAY! From acting in faith in committing for baptism, and our investigators saying YES, to driving to a referrals home JUST when they are getting out of the car in the drive way.
We met a less-active named Sue this week. She has been less-active for the last 40 years because when she got married her husband was a Southern Baptist. When they got married, they knew they wanted to raise their kids in a church, so they compromised and began attending the Methodist Church. When we showed up to Sue's house she was very warm and friendly. She expressed how she is currently serving as the leader of the woman’s group for her church, and she was supposed to go to a get together that night. But the night before, she had told her husband that she wanted to come back to the LDS church in January when her calling gets passed on to another woman. THE DAY BEFORE WE SHOWED UP! And the fact that she stayed home that night and we knocked on her door... we were all quite overwhelmed to know that Heavenly Father knew exactly where all of us were at. I was grateful to know that Heavenly Father was guiding our work as we planned to see her having no knowledge on her background. But her name stood out to us. We KNEW we needed to see her. And her husband is more interested in learning about the church than ever! We won’t be able to really teach her until January... but still... it was an amazing miracle!
This week I was studying Christ-like attributes in Preach My Gospel. One attribute that really stood out to me was PATIENCE!!! Why? Well... this is one I need to work on! Haha. Many of the scriptures talk about being patient in sufferings. I remember my "Conversion" scripture was D&C 24:8, "Be patient in thine afflictions for thou shalt have many, but endure them and I know that I am with thee, even unto the end of thy days." BUT HOW AND WHY should I be patient? I remember times when I would pray for a blessing or an answer and the response I would get was, "wait." I get than answer a lot! But why would we want to sit around and be QUIET AND STILL? What is the purpose for patience? I was grateful for this study as I pondered upon this attribute that has been taught to me on my mission. Being patient in your afflictions is to discover peace. It is only through being patient then that we can learn ANYTHING from our trials. Only through peace and patience can the whisperings of the spirit come...
I am grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am grateful for the added peace that comes to my life as I strive to become more like him. I'm grateful for the promptings of the spirit that guide and direct this work everyday. I love all of you at home and hope you have a WONDERFUL and Happy Thanksgiving!!! I am indeed grateful for all of you and send my love.
Dream Big. Wish Hard. Love Always- Jessica Rose






1 comment:
Jessica,
I love you and miss you so much. I love when we could talk about anything and how that made us instant friends! I'm so proud of you and the woman you are. God loves you so much.
Can't wait for summer!
Jeniece
Post a Comment