Monday, March 1, 2010

A new Investigator!

So... Happy 23! I've decided that this year is going to be much more beautiful than last year! Magical moments await!!!

I also finished the Book of Mormon this week!!! HOORRAAAYYY!!!! Just as a side note: The book is STILL true! And it's awesome to read and feel of the love of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. It's awesome to be directed by the spirit to a higher level of appreciation and knowledge. I'm grateful for the fullness of the gospel and I too can testify as it says in the History of the Church that it is the book that will get a man "nearer to God by abiding by its precepts than any other book."

"God expresses his love for us by providing the guidance we need to progress and reach our potential. He who knows most about us, our potential, and eternal possibilities has given us divine counsel and commandments in his instruction manuals- the Holy Scriptures." - M. Russell Ballard

It is my opportunity that I have now, to share that special book with everyone in Concordia who will hear my voice! Heavenly Father has set up his restored gospel with the Book of Mormon to "sweep the earth as with a flood, and gather out His elect." (Moses 7:62). We have a new investigator named Shirley. She's in her mid-60’s and widowed. Has a Methodist background. She began reading the Book of Mormon and in our last appointment she told us that she feels the spirit when she reads, that she KNOWS the Book of Mormon is the word of God. Shirley is the elect, even if she doesn't know that yet. She knows that the Gospel is true... even if she doesn't know how to apply that truth yet. Haha. Yay! That's what missionaries are for!!! She had a 96 year old mother that she lives with right now, who she takes care of, so that stops her from coming to church... But we'll keep teaching her and nourishing her testimony. I know that in the Lord's timing, she will be baptized. That is a great feeling!!!

I love you all!
Dream Big. Wish Hard. Love Always-
Jessica Rose Wathen

No comments: