My favorite talks... The ones about love and forgiveness... Love, of course, is the great commandment!!! Good thing it's my favorite! I only got to see a part of Elder Holland's talk, but conference after conference he seems to be one of my favorites. I love that he said, "True love endures." With family, with friends, with investigators who don't keep commitments... Love tells us that we cannot give up on the hope that people can CHANGE when they make mistakes. "We CAN be rescued," he said. It reminds me of a William Shakespeare quote, "Love is not love which alters when alterations finds." But when things get hard. When things CHANGE. True love remains the same. If this is love. If this is real. It will conquer all things, and nothing will stand in the way of us. Love believes. Love hopes. Love endures all things. President Uchdorf is becoming another regular favorite. He spoke of being commited to be the Lord's hands. To love at all times. He said that true love requires ACTION! To uplife and build, to support and heal. I pray that I can be his hands and always be a positive uplifting influence in the lives of my fellow brothers and sisters. That I might be seen as a light and an example of love at all times. -Love. Love Love.-
I loved all of the talks about strenghening families and securing the priesthood in the home. There were some many inspired talks about the home. It was inspiring to me. I loved that so many people talked about the value of a righteous woman. One of my quotes from my quote book says, "Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are course; we need women who are kind; There are enough women who are crude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith; We have enough greed. We need more goodness. We have enough vanity. We need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity." I am inspired and devoted to be a woman of faith. M. Russel Ballard said, "It is for YOU to lead the women of the world."
Elder Nelson's talk on families was amazing. He is always amazing. This week, his beautiful grandaughter, my former companion Megan Maxfield came through the mission with her family. I love them so much! It was great to see her! She talked about things and home and told me that she couldn't wait until we could be friends after the mission! She looked beautiful! She still shone with that same angelic light that she did as a missionary. She inspires me. Megan Maxfield is a woman of faith! Her grandmother, Wendy Watson Nelson is another woman who inspires me. She is a woman of faith.
Easter was so much fun we went over to a recent converts home for lunch and had an Easter Egg hunt with her three boys (Thanks to my mommy for sending the goodies!) It was a lot of fun! Those boys were sweet hearts! Then we had Dinner Sunday Evening with President VanKomen and Sister VanKomen at Sister Williams home. Our investigator Caroline was there too. By the way... She commited to be baptized April 17th!!!

Other investigators: Rodrigo started paying tithing. He loves the Book of Mormon. Even during conference, he couldn't put it down!!! Haha! He has a baptismal interview next week! Bill and Trisha... Sister Missionaries to the rescue again. We love them.
So... BIG NEWS!!! I'M IN A TRIO NOW!!! My former Companion Sister Smith and her companion Sister Jenkins had to get transfered out of their area and now she is here with me and Sister Villalobos in 3rd ward. What a tender mercy! I love that girl! She arrived yesterday afternoon and we have just been laughing ever since!!! I LOVE HER SOOO MUCH! What's up with me getting my ex companions back? Kinda crazy right? So Sister Smith has had a rough couple of weeks, so she was grateful for this change. Now that we are in a trio we had to move in another bed. Our room is small so president approved that one of us could have our own bedroom. That would be ME. This is pretty much unheard of that I would have my own room AND my own bathroom AND my own closet. But I am LIVING IT UP for the next three weeks. It's the best!!! This morning, 6:30 AM I was awoken by Sister Smith shooting her nerf gun at me! I LOVE HER SOOO MUCH! Haha. We have so much fun!
Randomness:::: We got a new kiosk at the VC this week. It has some fun homefront commercials on it. I'll try to send one home every week. My favorite for this week is called, "I want a drink!"
Updates on President VanKomen: He's doing well. We had interviews with him this last week, and with tears in his eyes he said, "With all that I have been going through, I know that there are many of you who have been through a great amount of trial and hardship on your missions as well. I do not know why such sacrifices would be required. But remember that the Lord is on our side." Sister Villalobos in her sweet Spanish accent told President, "I know you don't have to worry President. Because I've been praying for you." Then we were all crying. President then said, "No matter what happens I know it's going to be okay." The faith of President VanKomen amazes me every day. I would ask for your continued support and prayers in his behalf.
I proclaim as did President Monson. The two most important words: Thank you! Thank you for your love and support towards me and this great work I am embarked in. May you be blessed for those things which you stand in need of! I love you all!
Dream Big. Wish Hard. Love Always.
Jessica Rose






No comments:
Post a Comment