This week was a Less-Active miracle week. Actually, the last three weeks have been pretty miraculous. We've been working with a lot of people who have been inactive and helping them to re-develop a testimony of the gospel, and rededicate their lives to the Lord. It's fun to see them make changes and come back to church. It is a great work I am involved in.
In all honesty, this was one of the hardest weeks of my mission. Fortunately the May Ensign arrived on Monday to carry me through full of great inspiring talks from General Conference. I was flipping through and stopped at a talk by President Uchdorf called Happily Ever After. Yup... For those of you who give me a hard time about my fairytale way of life: President Uchdorf says that "happily ever afters are not something found only in fairytales." So now, my fairytale life isn't just a good idea of a day-dreaming girl, it's DOCTRINE! Haha. He explains where I am at in MY FAIRYTALE. He says that all fairytales have their own, "sadness and trial before they can reach their happily ever after. In between the once upon a time and the happily ever after they had to experience great adversity... Adversity helps to develop a depth of character that comes in no other way." So... I'm holding onto the Lord and trusting that he's shaping me continually, even though to ME, some of these trials SEEM RIDICULOUS AND UNNECESSARY... I know that he knows better than I do, and I can trust in that. I know I have to rely on him. I guess they couldn't call it a TESTimony, without the test. Like the Brother of Jared, in the Book of Ether in the Book of Mormon... He was traveling across the great waters in a boat... The Lord had directed them to go to the promised land. So they were obedient, then the Lord sent these HUGE STORMS! HUUGGGEEE STORMS! And I'm sure they thought, "He's going to KILL US OUT HERE! Did we do something wrong???"The trick is that this boat wasn't really a boat like we would commonly think, it was much more like a submarine of sorts... Anyway, point being that they had no paddles to steer the boat. Without these STORMS it would have never found shore. The storms were to help the boat go where it needed to go. I guess that is how all trials are. Even though we feel like "GOD MUST HATE ME!!!" but he knows that these storms are only helping us turn and be directed to our own place of peace and rest, our own Happily Ever After. My goodness, my happily ever after better be good after these last 18 months. REFINERS FIRE!!!
But this talk did help me. Because I DO believe God has great things in store for my future. I do believe that my "perfect life" is now. But my happily ever after awaits... I can't wait.
Dream Big. Wish Hard. Love Always.
Jessica Rose






No comments:
Post a Comment