Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Laughter and Miracles

What a fun weeks it's been. I haven't laughed this much in a long long time. So for the 4th of July fireworks on the 3rd, Sister Adamson and I decided to dress up like Lamanites!!! WOOP WOOP! It was so fun because EVERYONE WE LOVE WAS THERE... okay... not EVERYONE, but there were so many friends and we had so much fun! This week we made a Cake for the APS- Elder Clayton and Elder Thomas because they beat us in golf a couple of weeks ago, and we hung a Miley Cyrus banner in the mission office for them that says, "Rock-Sensation." I don't think President was very fond of the sign, but he probably thought it was pretty funny!!! President is going to miss me and all of my racket!!! Haha! It's true... We were playing over at Melody and Connie Obergs house. Melody is doing some modeling, and so she was practicing runway in the living room when we showed up... so of course I WANT TO PLAY TOO!!! Then Connie says, "I asked Father God for more kids, and he sent me Mormon Missionaries!" Haha. I'm ridiculous. Sister Adamson and I have so much fun!!! Yesterday for P-Day we went to Barnes and Noble with Katie and Kimbre. We had so much fun in the kids section reading Dr. Seuss as quickly as we could... HILARIOUS!!!!

I LOVE TO LAUGH! In the midst of the miracles of the mission, the Lord also allows us to have joy! I think of moments with Sister Bradley making Valentines Day videos or making our "Love wall"---times when we could not contain ourselves from laughing! Or Sister Smith and her lamp!!! My gosh... I still cant think about that moment without laughing!

I think of Alma 27 where Alma and Ammon (BFFS) had such great joy "even that he was full; yea, he was swallowed up in joy of his God, even to the exhausting of his strength; and he fell again to the earth." Haha... Remember that times in life when you laugh so hard that you actually hurt yourself??? THOSE ARE THE BEST!!! Two Summers ago at the County Fair on the Zipper... Haha. I really thought I might die! Thank you for those memories!!! I love letters from home with memories that still make me laugh!!! I can't wait to make more memories like that when I get home!!!

Miracles Miracles! Candy Phillips from Great Bend got baptized this week! Sister Bradley and I always knew she'd come around!!! And not so miraculous... President Beck (of the mission presidency) passed away after a long reoccurring battle with cancer. He was an amazing example of devotion to the Lord. He will definitely be missed among all of the missionaries here.

Christy is doing great. Still set for the baptism on the 17th. We went to Liberty Jail with Sadi Cochran this week! I got to give the tour! Probably my last Liberty Jail tour of my mission. The spirit was POWERFUL, we didn't want to leave. But she's doing great as well! I saw Vicki and Richard Andree from 4th ward. They've talked to the Stake President about getting sealed, but it probably will happen in August AFTER I go home. Vicki says that I HAVE TO BE THERE... so hopefully I can make it work.... Anyway...
Another great week in the mission. Only a couple more weeks to go. Happily Ever After... and much laughter awaits!
I love you all! Dream Big. Wish Hard. LAUGH HARDER!!!!
Jessica Rose

No comments: