Hello Everyone!
I am well. This week has been really great. My companions name is Sister Burton. She is from Virginia Beach, Virginia and is going to the Independence Missouri mission with me. She is a BEAUTIFUL girl with a sweet personality. We were instantly friends. I'm so grateful for her. She has such a deep understanding of the gospel. She has a glow about her that reminds me so much of many of my friends at home. She is more important to me than anything else at the MTC right now. We are growing closer everyday, and through our relationship I really feel like we are growing closer to our Heavenly Father.
This week I have learned several misconceptions about the MTC.
1. Whoever said that time goes by slowly at the MTC needs to help me out! My companion and I are feeling like we hardly have time for anything. Sunday we studied the atonement for four hours, and at the end of the day we still felt like we hadn't gotten anything done. It's amazing how the spiritual knowledge just keeps pouring it. It is such a blessing to have time to study.
2. Sister missionaries are AWESOME! I thought most of them would be frumpy, ackward, and completely OCD, but the fact is that most of them are beautiful, intelligent, spirtual daughters of God. For all of you single boys back at home: When you're dating if you ever feel like you will NEVER find your future wife, HAVE NO FEAR. I'm telling you there are at least a hundred super hot wives for you at the MTC. You just have to wait 18 months. This is a test of patience.
3. The MTC is ANYTHING but the EMPTY-C. I have felt the spirit here stronger than I have felt it in a very long time. I am so grateful to be here. The answers that I ask for when I pray are being answered. I am finding new meanings in the scriptures that I don't anticipate. There are people here who are converts, who have stories like mine. Elders and Sisters who didn't think they had it in them to teach find out that their testimonies are strong enough to change hearts. Miracles happen here every day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment