Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Walmart and the Easter Bunny!

So this last weekend was Easter and I realized that I am the luckiest girl in the entire Independence Mission. I appreciate all of the letters and packages I got this week. They all made me feel very close to home. So a special thank you to everyone who wrote me this past week. Especially all of you in my family. You're the best!!!

Last preparation day, Sister Jacobs and I got really excited because we were going to go to Walmart and see the Easter Bunny. BUT HE WASN'T THERE! HE STOOD US UP! Crazy bunny... It's no wonder I like Christmas. Santa always follows through. Sheesh. I have a question: Where did the Easter bunny come from anyway? Hmmm...

I'm so grateful for the true meaning of Easter. I know that the resurrection of our savior Jesus Christ is the meaning for this holiday. It is the greatest day for celebration. It is the day of greatest hope in celebration of Christ's greatest victory. Our savior Jesus Christ broke the bonds of death that Easter morning that we might all live again. That is truly the most amazing miracle in all of history. I testify that he lives. I feel his presence with me everyday in Independence. Whenever I am sad, I know I can turn to him, and I feel his love fill every corner of my heart. He is not only my Savior, but he is my constant, and my best friend. It's good to ALWAYS have a best friend, even when I'm so far away from all of you from home.

I had the opportunity to watch a video called "The Lamb of God." It illustrates the final week of the Savior's life from the persecutions, to the garden, to his death on the cross. And I always think to myself, why did he have to go through SO MUCH suffering? And I'm reminded of a song from home that I highly recommend listening to. It's called "Why" by a Christian artist named Nicole Nordeman. Find it. It's amazing. I promise you that you'll be touched by the spirit. I know that the Savior died for US as children of God, so that we might not suffer as much if we would come to him. Because of the Savior, no matter how dark our Friday is, we have a promise that our Sunday will always be bright.

We got our transfer call last night. I'm staying in Independence 4th ward. Sister Jacobs is going to Great Bend, Kansas, full-proselyting. My new companion will be Sister Brusch from Sandy, Utah. I am really excited to be her companion. She has been out over a year and has a lot of experience and drive. She is a super pretty girl who reminds me a lot of some of my pretty friends at home. The Assistant’s to the President also preside in Independence 4th ward, Elder Gallacher and Elder Seethaler. Elder Seethaler goes home to Utah at the end of this next transfer.

WE HAVE A BAPTISM TONIGHT. Miss Connie Sue Oberg. I love her. She has grown so much in the gospel. She truly has learned to love the Book of Mormon, and it has become so much a part of who she is.

We have been "sowing a lot of seeds" here in 4th ward, so hopefully we'll be seeing some fruits soon. We've been teaching a family that I have truly grown to love. Their last name is Bell. Their daughter Sylvia reminds me so much of me before joining the church. I'll tell you more about them later, but if you could keep that family in your prayers, I would really appreciate it, as well as the Henry family. I LOVE THE HENRYS. Sister Henry is 26 and JUST like me... Just like me when I'm at home. Sometimes I find a need to repent because she makes think of all the worldly things I once enjoyed. And her husband is DARLING, I love them. They are both new in the gospel, but both have a desire to learn more and be baptized, so pray for them too.

AHHH!!! THERE ARE SO MANY MIRACLES HAPPENING OUT HERE!!!

Transfer #1- Done. Only 11 more to go. At this rate I'll be home in no time at all

I LOVE YOU ALL!

Dream Big, Wish Hard, and Love Always-

Sister Jessica Rose Wathen


No comments: