It's the most beautiful time of the year here in
Last week I know I joked about how it was bound to be one of the coldest upcoming winters in
This week was a miracle week with one of our investigators named Mariah. She is a young mom with three little kids. A little girl named Vanessa who is three years old, and twin boys, Brandon and Austin, who are 16 months. We taught her and her boyfriend Robert for the first time last week. We did a lesson on the Restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ. It was a POWERFUL lesson, and they said they would pray about the things we had taught. This Sunday they came to church! HOORAY! I love when people keep their promises! Anyway... During sacrament meeting it was so great to see them with the kids. They are great parents! Sunday school was great, they were both involved in the lesson. THEN in Relief Society for the women our lesson was on testimonies of Joseph Smith. As we were reading passages from the manual and discussing the character and traits of the prophet, Mariah contributed more than any of the members in the class. I was thinking to myself, "She is amazing!" I think everyone was in awe of her insight. Then Mariah raised her hand to contribute again, she said, "Sorry I'm talking so much. I'm still learning, but why do people have such a hard time with this? I don't see anything wrong with it. Joseph didn't do anything wrong. The book (referring to the Book of Mormon) didn't do anything wrong. In the Bible it talks all about men seeing angels. Why can't people just see what a blessing this is?" ....I think we were all stunned. We don't really know why so many people reject the message we have to share... but we move forward looking for people like Mariah who just GET IT. Don't get me wrong, she was a little unsure at first. She grew up Pentecostal, and had heard rumors that are commonly spread throughout the Christian world about our church... but she asked the right questions... and it wasn't that we had the right answers. It touched her heart because the SPIRIT testified to her that this was true. It was so amazing to see that testimony come through her, as tears then filled her eyes and she said, "It feels warm, like a fathers hug. And I never had that growing up so I don't know what that feels like, but kind of like a big warm bear hug." Then she said, "I've been praying for this feeling. I haven't felt like this in a very long time."
I know that feeling Mariah felt. That feeling of peace of having the Savior near me. There is a quote that is commonly said, "I never said it would be easy. I only said it would be worth it." But in the midst of changes I've been going through, I'm realizing that is NOT true... As the Savior says in Matthew 11, "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is EASY, and my burden is LIGHT." He didn't say it was supposed to be HARD. He said take my yoke, for it is EASY. I'm in a process of learning... Learning to turn my heart over to HIM. Realizing that even if things seem HARD, that he has the ability to CARRY me over any obstacle that comes my way... Easy...
I have a testimony of the love of the Savior. I know this is his gospel. I know that the authority that the Savior had to heal and bring to pass miracles is present on the Earth today as I have seen such miracles transpire in my own life. I know that power to heal can be found through the laying on of hands through the Holy Melchizedek Priesthood. I have felt of such powers in my life lately and I know that they are real. I know that God lives, as does his Son, Jesus Christ. That their work moves forth today in amazing and miraculous ways. I testify of that.
I love you all and pray for you. Please write me and let me know if there are any specific prayers you are in need of. I'll be going to the
I send my love to you! Always-
Jessica Rose






No comments:
Post a Comment