Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Spirit Manifests Truth

My Companions; Sister Maxfield and Sister Ayala, they are my Angels.

Miracle week for the Missouri Independence Mission! Last week was Zone Conference. My companions and I sang "Yo Trato de ser como christo" I'm trying to be like Jesus, in ESPANOL, along with "a Child's Prayer." I was really nervous when our zone leaders asked us to sing... but it was such an honor. We practiced a lot, and then when it came time to perform the spirit was so strong! Even president VanKomen was crying! In zone Conference, President VanKomen challenged us to get 250 investigators to church this week. With 190 missionaries,about 95 companionships, we typically get around 175, and our record was 212. SO THIS WEEK, the stats came back that we had... 356 INVESTIGATORS AT CHURCH!!! Amazing! Blew everyone out of the water! President VanKomen truly is a visionary man!!! The Lord is helping the work progress in amazing ways! THAT is the Independence Missouri Mission!

My companions and I have been busy teaching! We've gotten 20 lessons every week since we've been together! We found some new investigators this week too (which is ALWAYS a good thing!) We even found 2 new Spanish families to teach! Sister Ayala brings miracles to this area!!! I still love teaching... and seeing the miraculous ways that the spirit works!

Next week Elder Nelson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles will be coming to our mission. I look forward to the opportunity to hear him speak and shake his hand. It is such an honor to be here at this place in this time. This mission where Zion will be, Adam-ondi-ahaman, Liberty Jail, we have a new temple that will breaking ground in the next few months, we have general
authorities coming to visit, baptizing, miracle performing, 356 investigators at church mission!!! THIS IS THE MISSOURI INDEPENDENCE MISSION!

This week I was studying the gospel of John. Chapter 4 is about the woman of Samaria (the woman at the well). What an amazing chapter, as it talks about the living water which IS the gospel of Jesus Christ, which IS eternal life. But this last week as I was pondering, I discovered something about this woman... She was an outcast. When she went to get water from the well, in
verse 6 we know she went at the "sixth hour" (which is about noon). Typically women would go twice a day, once in the morning and once before dinner. She went in the middle of the day, because she knew no one would be there. She knew she could be alone... When the savior comes and sits by her, he converses with her about some of the struggles that she has, "thou hast
had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband." In my own words, "I know your deal." The woman does not need to say a word, she has no need to explain herself, the Savior already knows her... Without saying anything, he calls her unto repentance, and she recognizes him as the "Messiah." And THEN this woman, who probably has a lot of insecurities, who is an outcast... she "left her waterpot, and went her way into the city, and saith to the men, come see a man, which told me all the things that ever I did: is this not the Christ?" (v. 28-29) #1 SHE LEFT HER WATERPOT! NOT GOOD! Water is VERY important for survival, and without this water, her family would have to thirst for some time. But she knew what she was doing. She left something that was important to do something that was MORE important. To testify of Christ. And despite of her past, despite of her insecurities, she goes STRAIGHT INTO THE CITY! she is an amazing woman of courage. a great missionary. All of us have insecurities... a lot of us have somewhat of a 'past'. But we have to recognize that JESUS is the CHRIST. That we have no need to be ashamed, but to leave our past behind us, and move forward. I’m grateful for the guidance of the spirit. I testify that Heavenly Father is VERY AWARE of me right now. I have been learning some very important lessons lately. Recognizing as I read that story that there are a LOT of very important things I could be doing in my life right now... but that THIS WORK, testifying of Christ, is more important than the waterpot, it is MOST IMPORTANT.

I'm grateful again for the guidance of the spirit as I know it has unfolded direction to me this week. I’m grateful for the gospel, for the answers, insights, and perspective it allows into my heart... I’m grateful for the peace it gives me. I know that these are inspired writings given through prophets for all of us to learn and benefit. I know they are the words of God as the spirit manifests truths unto me. I know that the fullness of the gospel has been restored in this final dispensation of time... and I am so so grateful for all of you! I love you all so so much!
Thank you for your support!

-Jessica Rose

No comments: