Monday, January 18, 2010

Chicken Noodle Soup

This was an interesting week... mostly because I was SICK!!! It's so frustrating to be sick as a missionary, because you WANT to go out and do the work, but you know that it's for your own good, and the good of those around you that you STAY INSIDE. But then you feel like you're not being very diligent because you're not out and about. It's quite the interesting complex. It also makes me miss home! I JUST WANT MY MOM!!! Haha... and Chicken Noodle soup and Disney Princess movies!!! My magic cure-all! Haha! No Disney Princess movies out here! But of course we managed to get lots of soup from members! They're so great!!! It's not a substitute for Mom's love, but it's good to know that there are people who love and care about us as missionaries!

This week I think I would have done anything for a hug from my mom! I love reading the scriptures though. They have always brought me such great comfort! I know that they are words from a Heavenly Father who knows our needs! Did you know that the scriptures talk about hugs all over the place??? 2 Nephi 1:15- "But behold, the Lord hath redeemed my soul... I have beheld his glory, and I am encircled about eternally in the arms of his love." A scripture all about a hug! Alma 5:33 "Behold, he sendeth an invitation unto all men, for the arms of mercy are extended towards them." -SPIRITUAL HUGS!!!- Haha! Seriously though! I have a testimony of spiritual hugs! That peace and warm feeling that can ONLY come through the spirit and the love of Christ. It is a very real thing! I'm grateful for the testimony I have of them during those most difficult moments on my mission, and last week while I was sick, that I can feel his arms around me! And I can feel His angels around me!

Aside from that, it was a bit of a tender mercy because I had time to do some very important things that I have been putting off for a very long time. It was like, "No excuses! I'm giving you this time! Make it happen!" He knows me... I know he knows me. And I'm grateful that he has allowed the spirit to be with me that I have been inspired as I have gone throughout this week despite of my crazy bad symptoms!

This week we saw miracles in our investigator Casey. We can really see his life starting to change. This last week was HUGE for him and now he is well on his way to progressing in his life. He is no longer held bound by his past but is free to make the changes that will bring him greater joy and happiness in this life. He has a long ways to go still, but I have faith that he will be baptized in the upcoming months! He is AMAZING! And he COMMITED HIMSELF to read the whole Book of Mormon. I love it when investigators make their own commitments! It's the best! Casey's story is kind of complicated. But miraculous! I love him so much! I'm grateful for his friendship and grateful that I've had the chance to serve here and be involved in this spiritual journey he is on!

Zone Conference is always my favorite! Sister VanKomen showed us a video we've seen before. It's a clip called "the death crawl" from the movie Facing Giants. (Dad, you should see if they have it on Youtube.com and post it to my blog!!!) It's intense. The coach is just on his star player saying, "Don't give up! Don't give up on me! Keep going! Keep going!" I feel like the Savior is saying that to me! "Keep going! You promised you'd give me your BEST! Your BEST!" And the player is saying, "But it hurts! It hurts!" "Keep going! Keep going!" -Intense!- But the Lord believes in me! He believes in all of us! With Casey this week and with being sick I can hear the Lord, "Keep going! Do your best! You promised me your best!" And that as we do the best that we can, he makes up the rest! That is the atonement! That is the gospel!

That is the vigor and the excitement of the gospel! In sacrament meeting this last Sunday we were singing Hymn #2 - The Spirit of God. And all I heard was primary children.... "We'll sing and we'll SHOUT with the Armies of Heaven!" It was so powerful! I love children! I love their love and enthusiasm towards life! "Keep going! Keep going!" Like the little train who could, "I think I can. I think I can." I know the Lord has carried me much further than I ever thought that I could go. 100-yards! I love him! I love his gospel! I love sharing it with others! I love ALL OF YOU!!! WITH ALL OF MY HEART! Thanks for being my friends! Keep dreaming big. Wishing hard! And Loving ALWAYS!

Jessica Rose

No comments: