Then... as for the rest of the week... Sister Smith has been having really bad headaches for the last three weeks. I'm talking really really bad. She hasn't been sleeping, and she gets really light headed and dizzy. It's been rough. So on Tuesday I FINALLY talked her into going to the doctor. He gave her a medication that was supposed to help her sleep and make the pain of the migraine go away. Well, let’s just say, it hasn’t been getting better. It’s been much much worse. I won’t go into details, but we’ll just say we’ve been spending a lot of time inside… which is STILL weird as a missionary because we still WANT to go out, but it’s just NOT a smart thing to do. We’ve been advised by the mission nurse and President VanKomen not to worry about missionary work until she is feeling better. We still go out when she’s up for it, but it’s been a slow week. We’ll be back at the doctor’s this week. Hopefully he’ll figure out what’s going on. She’s scared that President VanKomen is going to send her home. I pray it doesn’t go that way… It’s a little overwhelming for me because I don’t really know what to do to help her. I try to tell her to go SLEEP, but she doesn’t listen to me. So I just pray and pray and pray all the day…. And read scriptures… I’m getting a long just fine! I just hope SHE gets feeling better soon!
On the flip side, it’s also been a MIRACULOUS week. Despite of the fact that we haven’t been teaching a lot, the Lord is still blessing us with much success. Even though we weren’t able to attend our meetings, we had two of our investigators in church this week!!! Casey and Jeremy! Then we had six less-actives who we’ve been working with come to church!!! I was so excited when Sister Curtis called and told us!!! AMAZING AMAZING!
I received a letter from Vickie and Richard Andre this week. I taught them Independence 4th ward at the very beginning of my mission. In her letter she told me she and her husband Richard were getting sealed in the temple in May! I started to cry! It was such an amazing feeling. To know that someone that I had helped teach, someone I had seen enter into the waters of baptism is preparing to be sealed to her amazing husband for time and all eternity… I don’t know how to really describe it, but it’s amazing!
More great news, Elder David A. Bednar is coming to our mission on February 6th. That’s in less than two weeks!!! It’s such a great blessing when apostles come visit. President VanKomen was really surprised because we JUST had Elder Russell M. Nelson come visit in November. I’m really excited! I love Elder Bednar! He has always been very inspiring to me.
So, what I’ve realized this week is that even though it’s been a difficult week… that the Lord still provides miracles in the midst of adversity. When many people face trials in their lives they have a tendency to lose hope. There is no reason left to try. They give in. They decide that the world is too cruel and that the evil side has won… But things CAN change! We must NEVER give in! No matter how difficult the circumstances may seem. A quote from my Sister Wathen quote book: “There is evil cast around us, but its love who wrote the play.” In the end love will win. Love will always win. Even this week with all of our adversity through illness, His hand has still shown through. My testimony of his love deepens every day.
That’s the miracle of the gospel! That’s the significance of the atonement. That everything can change. That everything is good. Think about it. Everything is rooted in its creation. As the world was created by the Lord, everything has, “good roots” (relating to Jacob 5- the parable of the Olive Tree). We were all born with noble blood. We’re all children of our Heavenly Father and in the end, “good will overcome evil.” –Jacob 5:59. That’s our promise. Be believing and all things will work together for your good. Promise!
Love you all! I keep you in my prayers always! Please write and let me know if there is ever anything I can do for any of you!
Dream Big. Wish Hard. Love Always. Be believing.
Jessica Rose






No comments:
Post a Comment