Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A thing called LOVE

This was a great week! Elder Bednar came to our mission and spoke at an all mission conference. It was amazing to listen to an apostle of the Lord say some very profound, deeply spiritual things pertaining to the spirit and receiving revelation. I will keep most of my thoughts to myself because this meeting was amazingly inspirational to me... AHHH!! It was SO COOL though! Just trust me on that! It wasn't a "meeting" or a "fireside." It was a "Revelatory experience." I was so grateful for that opportunity to sit near him with 200 other missionaries and hear him speak. He is amazing.

So, this week was transfer week. As usual, there was a change. President really likes to move the Sisters around in this mission. BUT GUESS WHAT? I GOT MY OLD COMPANION BACK!!! My bestie Bradley! Sister Bradley LOVES Concordia! And we are tearing it up! We moved Casey's baptism up to Feb. 26th and he's doing great! He's ready for this! Sister Bradley and I have this thing called LOVE that we LOVE to share with people. We are definitely love bugs! Haha! She is definitely my best friend out here on the mission!

I found a scripture this week that inspired me to reach higher. 1 Cor. 9:24 says, " Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain." Everyone runs a race, but only one wins. SO RUN LIKE YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT! Don't hold back. Words from one of my favorite Jessie Clark Funk songs: -I'm ready to live not only survive. I'm ready to dance like no one's watching. Climb a mountain. Kiss the sky. And do it all again. I'm ready to love like I've never been hurt. I'm ready to sing like no one's listening. Watch more sunsets. See the world. If not now when?- And 1 Cor. 9:26- "I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air." Do everything with purpose. Do everything with your whole heart! Don't beat the air. Master your fears! Conquer the world! With the Lord on your side, there is NOTHING that can stop you!

Live the Life you've always dreamed of!
"If you can dream it, you can become it." - Walt Disney

...I came to win.

Dream Big. Wish Hard. Love Always-
Jessica Rose

No comments: