Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Heavenly Father's Most Obedient

This last week was a PARTY week! Last Monday was Preparation Day and the 5- PDAY sisters went to lunch with Elder Cisternas and Elder Davis to a fancy Italian Restaurant called Veronas. We pretended like it was Sister Bradley's birthday and she was really embarrassed. It was fun! I miss Sister Bradley. I tried to get the mission president to extend her call in Independence... but he transferred her home to Utah. Sad day for me.
Good thing her companions Sister Maddox and Sister Byam are still here to help me cope with missing my bestie Bradley! Haha! Tuesday we had a PJ party with all of the Sisters. It was fun! Mostly because we got to play dress up and a lot of the Sisters played with makeup crayons and drew fun things on their faces! (I'm so grateful that I bought those!) We had fun interpretive dance parties and Sister Stevens and Sister Sasaki were the stars of the show!!! Then Wednesday we had Sister Bradley and Sister Blacks farewell breakfast party! Scratch that! It was NOT A PARTY! It was depressing!!! Haha! Thursdays were transfers which is ALWAYS a party! Sister Adamson and I will be staying in 3rd ward together for the next 6 weeks! Hooray! I've been so blessed throughout my mission to have so many great companions. Speaking of great companions, Sister Megan Maxfield is ENGAGED!!!! Hooray! THEN SKIP FRIDAY AND SATURDAY FOR THE PARTY WEEK... because lets face it, I'm a missionary. I only party at weekends AT HOME... NOT on my mission! JK JK! Then Sunday was Sister Adamson's birthday! PARTY AT CHURCH, PARTY AFTER CHURCH, PARTY AT THE VC, PARTY AFTER NIGHTLY PLANNING! PARTY PARTY PARTY!....Then repentance, because I ate WAY too much cake!!! Haha! The big 23!!! Woop Woop!!!! It was a really fun week! Now it's P-day! The happiest day of the week except for Sundays!!!! Haha! Just FYI- P-days will be on MONDAY from now on!!! So, you will all get another email in 5 days! Yay!!!

Speaking of parties... there is a party happening in our HOUSE that we want to GET RID OF!!! The Missouri Bugs have decided to make our home their home! Little do they know that they are NOT INVITED! It is DISGUSTING! Last year it was lice, THIS YEAR its fruit flies and cockroaches! I ALMOST DIED THIS WEEK! THERE WAS A HUGE COCKROACH THE SIZE OF MY THUMB ON MY LEG IN THE SHOWER! I SCRAM AND JUMPED OUT THE SHOWER GRABBED A TOWEL AND THEN SCRAM SOME MORE! ~sigh.~ I hate bugs. Sister Stanton thought it was cool so I let her take care of it! Haha! Then the fruitflies, as much as they are unwelcome, they might be some of Heavenly Father's most obedient creatures, when he said, "Multiply and Replenish the Earth" THEY GOT IT! BLAH! I hate bugs! I'm going to buy some INTENSE BUG SPRAY today at Walmart and KILL THEIR PARTY!!!!! I'm such a party crasher. Sorry bugs!!!

Okay. Okay. Okay. NOW onto the REAL STUFF! This is a MIRACLE MONTH! Rodrigo was baptized on Saturday! Hooray! The spirit was so strong. I know that he is a changed man! The spirit of the Lord was with him, and I know that nothing will ever be the same. His mother was there, who is already a member, as well as his 15 year old daughter Esmeralda. She was so proud of her dad! It was such an amazing day! This Saturday the Oliveras family is getting baptized, then the FOLLOWING week, Christy is getting baptized! MIRACLES MIRACLES!!!!

Miracles are not contrary to nature, only contrary to what we know about nature. Heavenly Father knows that all things happen for a reason! I am grateful for a loving God who knows each and every single one of us so personally. To know that I am engaged in his work. I'm grateful for the Lord Jesus Christ for always being there for me. I know that the greatest miracles in my life have been involving his atonement. To feel him lift burdens from me, to feel his love and influence in my life. He has changed and continues to change me every day. I am His miracle....

Dream Big. Wish Hard. Love Always.
Jessica Rose

No comments: