This week marks a big week for me as well... This week, 5 years ago, I was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. A day that would forever change my life. Reflecting back to 2005 I know that as much as that day changed me, that I'm a very different person NOW than I was back then. I look back on my mission and I know that these last 18 months have changed me tremendously. I've raised above who I used to be. These last couple of weeks I've been reflecting on who I was, who I am, and who I want to become, and I am determined to remain on this path of progression, even after I return home... I read a scripture this week in the epistles of Paul to his son Timothy. The verse said, "Endure HARDNESS and be a good soldier in Jesus Christ." And I woke up and I said, I'm so TIRED of my mission feeling HARD! Then I realized that it hasn't been hard lately.. The Lord has blessed me so so much. And I dedicated myself that from this point on that I was going to let the Lord take my yoke and help me! I was going to stop focusing on everything being so hard, and focus on being a SOLDIER! I know that the Lord has helped me do great things, hard things, and with his help I know that there is NO MOUNTAIN I can't conquer. I was born with FIRE IN MY BONES. With a passion and energy to change the world! I know that I have been called to be a part of something bigger than me, and I am so grateful to be a part of this great work!This week was my last Zone Conference. Sister VanKomen appropriately played the video from "Defeating the Giants" again. About being a 100-yard missionary. What a powerful impact that video has had on me my entire mission. That determination to finish. I'm at that 90 yard line and I am pushing towards the finish. and I know that there is no turning back. I know these upcoming weeks may still have their challenges but with the Lord's help, I will do it! THIS IS THE START OF A NEW DAY!
Elder Clayton on P-DAY
Elder Clayton gave a powerful training about hope. He talked about how he finds hope in his challenges by realizing how much the Lord has changed him. As I reflected upon that I realized that even though I have not enjoyed some of my trials from my mission... I would have liked to have been spared some of those. I know that in all of my trials, I have come to know God... I am not the same naive girl that I used to be . Before my mission I had a pretty little perfect princess life. Really... I'm pretty sure my life was perfect. That is why I struggled for so long out here. I thought if I could JUST go back to the way that things used to be, that it would fix everything. It has taken me a long time to figure out why I was struggling so much. I just wanted my perfect life back. But it took walking away from my life to see how jaded my life really was. Just when I thought my life couldn't be any more perfect, he took my life and broke it. And when I couldn't go home and fix everything... HE FIXED ME. My perfect life will never be what is used to be because I am different now. This reality and change in my heart has been a long time coming, but I am grateful that it's finally here. Forward. Onward. Upward.
The Lord has created each of us with a divine potential. But it is up to us to seek after his will and become as that he has designed us to become. Don't be influenced by the WORLD. Don't let the world tell you that you're not good enough. Don't be distracted by things that are of fleeting value. Don't be a part of Hollywood. He didn't say, "Be ye therefore perfect to look at." <<< I'm pretty sure that is NOT what he meant. He wants us to become like HIM. Go out today and do something nice for someone else. Do something that makes a difference. I love you all with all of my heart and pray that you will seek after things that will cultivate and create change in the world around you.
Create your own world. Make a Change.
Dream Big. Wish Hard. Love Always.
Sister Jessica Rose Wathen






No comments:
Post a Comment